Nurse Bank are seekintg a Director of Nursing to work in a medium sized nursing home located in Waterford pride ourselves on delivering the best possible care and assistance to our residents. The home's reputation is built on providing a quality service in a welcoming and happy environment and is maintained by recruiting staff that view care of the elderly as both a vocation and a profession.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse with a minimum of three years’ experience in Care of the Elderly that wants to make a real difference in the lives of our residents. You will be able to introduce new ideas, manage our staff and enjoy providing a top-class service in our home.
Applicants will have
• Must be registered with the NMBI
• An Elderly Care Qualification
• A Management Qualification
• Minimum of 3 years elderly care experience, which should be at management level.
• Knowledge of the Nursing Home Industry
• Have a full understanding of the National Standards for Residential Care Settings for Older People
• Have wide general nursing experience and proven leadership qualities.
• Have experience or qualification in Gerontology.
• Evidence of consistent updating of clinical skills and knowledge
• Demonstrable coaching & development skills within clinical practice
• Competent and confident IT skills
• Has worked with or has a knowledge of caring for people with dementia.
Highly Desirable Skills
• Strong People Management
• Proven Leadership ability
• Problem Solving & Decision-Making aptitude
• Strong Planning, Organising & Communication
Please feel free to ring me Fran on 0879422200 as I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.